Strategies for Overcoming Privacy Concerns With Indoor Navigation Apps
Street Fight asked experts (among them reps frm ByteLight and Esri) to detail how retails establishments that plan to use indoor location technology to track customers can avoid privacy issues. The six suggestions:
1. Require customers to opt-in, rather than opting-out. “
2. Don’t save personal information.
3. Post in-store signage.
4. Make consumer choices permanent.
5. There’s no such thing as a free lunch.
6. Follow the core pillars of privacy management.