New South Wales (NSW) Releases Location Intelligence Strategy Document
The New South Wales (NSW) Australia Land and Property Information (LPI) division has released its location intelligence strategy (Slideshare) for public comment. According to the government agency:
The intention of the Draft NSW Location Intelligence Strategy is to coherently provide the mechanism of Government accountability and transparency in the delivery of unpacking the power of location intelligence.
The Draft Strategy identifies five initiatives designed to deliver our vision, objective and goals:
- Build awareness, capacity and capability
- Integrate governance and coordination
- Identify and manage government location-based data
- Link NSW Government data to location
- Leverage whole-of-government location platforms and services
The agency is also seeking comment on these issues:
- What do you see as the key priorities to delivering access to NSW Government spatial data?
- Are there any additional actions that you believe will help NSW Government build location intelligence capacity to serve the needs of NSW?