GITA Shares Details of its New Era
In a piece in GITA's News Hub, Bob Samborski, Executive Director, lays out the near future of the organization.
The transition of GITA to an all volunteer organization officially begins at the close of business Friday, June 29, 2012. The following Monday, the association will enter a new phase of its existence, one that will be marked by a focus on virtual, on-line education and less of a dependence on resource-heavy conferences.What does this mean for GITA members?
- You will continue to receive the GITA News Hub without interruption.
- Existing memberships in GITA will continue and individuals will be contacted at the time of their next renewal.
- GITA is reaching out to each of its current chapters to determine how each of these local organizations can move forward. Any currently active chapter can continue to operate as usual under the auspices of GITA's non-profit status.
- Options for realigning GITA's administrative and IT infrastructure in a cost-effective way are being researched. Because the current staff of GITA will end full–time employment on Friday, normal communication channels (phone calls and emails) will be changed.
- More information about the transition will be made available in the near future in the News Hub and on the GITA website.It is important for everyone to know that GITA will continue to function as a professional, non-profit educational association. The Board of Directors will continue to explore new ways to add value to GITA membership and consider options for managing potential future educational events. More content and learning will become available online. And, as the association transitions to a volunteer-driven organization, active participation from our members in GITA activities will be sought.