GITA ANZ (Australia/New Zealand) Offers Strategic Plan for Organization
The board of the the Geospatial Information & Technology Association Australia & New Zealand (GITA ANZ) has published a strategic plan (pdf) that includes an internal SWOT analysis as well as short, medium and long range plans. It's a wise move as many professional geospatial organizations are evaluating their value to members. According to the report:
The Plan represents a set of priorities and actions to address the key areas identified as being most important by our industry and ensure that GITA ANZ remains relevant and provides ongoing value as the industry association for anyone who uses geospatial technology to plan, design, develop, manage, and operate infrastructure.
GITA ANZ has set out these key performance measures:
- Governance & Sustainability: Leadership approach and behaviours to be adopted to successfully implement change in this environment and address challenges.
- Core Practitioner Membership: Approaches to retain and extend membership to organisations and individuals who are seen as core practitioners in the management of infrastructure assets.
- Networking & Learning: The mechanism by which technology and best practice knowledge is shared amongst members and industry.
- Industry Representation and Collaboration: The way in which we collaborate with like-minded associations and industry groups.
- Communication: Effective communications with members and industry.
Feedback to the organization can be sent via email to the board.