GIS Training Lab in the Philippines and other Education GIS News
The University of the Philippines Visayas recently launched the first Geographic Information System (GIS) laboratory here to assist in providing excellent training and education to local government units (LGUs). The modern training facility was a donation from the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) of Frankfurt, Germany through its Environmental Resource Development Program (EnRD).
Solmaz Amiri, a Washington State University doctoral student wants to test a hypothesis that suggests crimes are highest at homes with poor visibility of entrances. She is modeling areas of poor visibility in 3D and is working with police to test her theories.
- WSU News
The Women in Spatial Scholarship application process is now open. Requirement: Australia/New Zealand citizenship. But, the funds can be used beyond formal degree programs for professional development.
This scholarship is designed to support women in the spatial disciplines and is open to all, including non-SSSI applicants. The purpose of the scholarship is to:
- Provide an opportunity for personal and professional development of female spatial professionals whether in technical, management or policy roles;
- Support women to obtain further experience in a spatial discipline or career development in the spatial industry, either abroad or locally (nationally or internationally), through conference attendance, study (workshop or support for course work including tertiary courses) or professional development;
- Support women returning to work after a career break, by providing opportunity to re-skill or update skills as required;
- Support and promote opportunities for women in spatial.
The 2014 scholarship is now open for nominations. Please complete your nomination on the form provided below. Nominations close at 5:00pm on the 29th of November 2013.
Please note that this scholarship is open to both members and non-members of the SSSI.
Esri posted a 14 page PDF of the questions and answers from the EsriEdUC 2013 Site License Special Interest Group.
- via Esri Higher Ed e-mail list